How to Use Meditation for Mental Clarity & Decreased Stress
Posted on July 03 2020
Stress can manifest itself in various ways. Sleeplessness, anxiety, irritability, brain fog, weight gain, and depression can all result from elevated stress levels. Meditation can reduce the effects of stress on our bodies. There are various methods, techniques and types of meditation, but it can help to start simple and expand as you progress. Try these easy tips to incorporate meditation into your day.
SIMPLE METHOD TO PRACTICE MEDITATION
- Find a quiet, comfortable space without interruptions.
- Lie down or sit in a relaxed position.
- Start a timer for 5 minutes.
- Let your breath settle to a natural rhythm.
- Listen to your breath and focus on your body’s response to the gentle breathing.
- Allow your breath to continue naturally as you focus only on this natural rhythm.
- If your thoughts start to wander, pull them back in to focus on your body and your breathing.
- When the timer sounds, end your meditation.
- Start with 5 minutes and increase each week until you’ve reached 15 minutes.
QUICK MINI MEDITATION SOUNDS & TECHNIQUE IDEAS
Use these helpful 5-minutes or less Meditation sounds & techniques all found for free and on YouTube to help and for variation:
- Mindfulness Bell | A 5 Minute Mindfulness Meditation: https://youtu.be/wGFog-OuFDM
- Japanese Hand Method | A Japanese Method to Relax in 5 Minutes: https://youtu.be/m3-O7gPsQK0
- 5-Minute Meditation You Can Do Anywhere: https://youtu.be/inpok4MKVLM
- Mindful Breathing Meditation (5 Minutes) | Stop, Breathe & Think: https://youtu.be/nmFUDkj1Aq0
- Before Sleep Positive Affirmations | 5-min Mini Meditation: https://youtu.be/Kvs-_22lwjA
- Deepak Chopra's Go-To 3-Minute Meditation To Stay Focused: https://youtu.be/4Bs0qUB3BHQ
- 5 Minute Calming Meditation: https://youtu.be/i50ZAs7v9es
These are additionally all listed in our Free Online Exercise, Health & Fitness calendar of workout ideas (found and noted in blue at the end of each current month).
All SportPort™ activewear garments are unique, signature designs, all Made in the USA. Our passion for excellence is what drives our brand! When you wear SportPort™ activewear, you know you are wearing an original, one of a kind garment engineered to perfection.